Saturday, March 19, 2011

Colombia Here I Come!

3/15/11


HOLA Familia!
Espero que este'n maravillosos!

BIG NEWS: travel plans. I leave the MTC Monday Morning at 5 AM and leave SLC at 8:30 to Georgia. 3 hour layover there from two thirty ish to 5 and straight to Colombia. Que che'vere no? I spend the night in Bogota and fly to Barranquilla the next morning at 615 AM, the Spirit using me to the conversion of thousands along the way. That's the plan. I am so excited to get to Colombia!

My goal for the last week and a half has been: Salgo en Fuego which is corny but I love it. I really want to leave totally pumped. I'm going to use every minute I have here.

Today after the temple I had a decision to make. I don't know if I was over zealous or not but I felt like I should share my testimony with the lady behind me. So I did. After like a minute of walking down from the temple, convincing myself to do it, I said, "Can I share my testimony with you?" Sure of course. (what if she had said no, haha) entonces, I began. I said things about family and about how if there was even The slightest chance, one in infinity that all this were true and we could be together with our families forever, wouldn't you fight for that smallest chance with all your heart? For all your life? This is what I said. Then I said But it's even better because we know that it is true. There is no chance. We just have to fight for it all our lives. and she got a little choked up and thanked me. It was a really cool experience.

I'm not sure how mail is going to be in Colombia, but my teacher said to just send everything to the mission home.

Elder Patrick Taylor
Colombia Barranquilla Mission
Calle 82 # 55-20, Apto 2
Edificio Matisse
Barranquilla Atlantico
Colombia


This week we became a trio, elder cregpr, (it's really Cregor, but we call him Cregpr.) joined us, it's been so fun.

I am giong to leave on fire. Mateo 5: 14-16 and Juan 8:12 I think are pretty much my motto for how I want to leave. I'm trying to instill the same vision in my district, we'll see how it goes.

Hermana Lefler, basically the female district leader, went to ask a member of our branch presidency a question. She asked him how to motivate the district and he said "If the district leader is excited the district will be. They won't be able to help it." So that's my goal. Pump them up. Here we go. I'm learning so much and gaining an ever increasing desire to follow the Spirit.


Love you,
Elder Taylor





No comments:

Post a Comment