2/27/12
Hola familia,
I opened my first wine bottle! And poorly. With a recent convert and we drank to good health! Delicious! False. But as I had never pulled a cork out of anything before with the little cork screw things. I didn't reach a sufficient depth and half the cork fell into the wine. How embarrassing. I had ruined everything. Luckily she had sacrificial plans and we happily poured the sweet smelling wine, worth 50 bucks, in her kitchen sink. Because she wanted to show God that she'd be obedient and earlier we prayed together before she gave her tithing. Lots of faith she has even in her financially tight times.
This area in awesome. The normal knocking on doors gives very few results. These people 'the rich" make like 3 thousand dollars a month. Uh. Not awesome. And they work so much! Or at least they are not in their house. They leave a house keeper without keys. So we got to find a different method de encontrar.
But we found two men who are awesome. Alvard and Duvon. One from here but Duvon is from New York. Colombian but grew up there. Totally awesome. Taught in English and he loved it. Says he's got lots of questions and Alvard ordered pizza for the lesson and it was delicious. And it was a good lesson where he kept saying things about the judgement and what God was going to say to him "I sent you these two missionaries and you chose to work instead of go to church," and such. They're awesome. Luis too, he's intellectual and gave us a ride home one night which I liked. And then an oldy and a young woman who's progressing. There are lots of cool members but we need to take advantage of them more to really help this area.
Love you all tons. Elder Taylor
Hola familia,
I opened my first wine bottle! And poorly. With a recent convert and we drank to good health! Delicious! False. But as I had never pulled a cork out of anything before with the little cork screw things. I didn't reach a sufficient depth and half the cork fell into the wine. How embarrassing. I had ruined everything. Luckily she had sacrificial plans and we happily poured the sweet smelling wine, worth 50 bucks, in her kitchen sink. Because she wanted to show God that she'd be obedient and earlier we prayed together before she gave her tithing. Lots of faith she has even in her financially tight times.
This area in awesome. The normal knocking on doors gives very few results. These people 'the rich" make like 3 thousand dollars a month. Uh. Not awesome. And they work so much! Or at least they are not in their house. They leave a house keeper without keys. So we got to find a different method de encontrar.
But we found two men who are awesome. Alvard and Duvon. One from here but Duvon is from New York. Colombian but grew up there. Totally awesome. Taught in English and he loved it. Says he's got lots of questions and Alvard ordered pizza for the lesson and it was delicious. And it was a good lesson where he kept saying things about the judgement and what God was going to say to him "I sent you these two missionaries and you chose to work instead of go to church," and such. They're awesome. Luis too, he's intellectual and gave us a ride home one night which I liked. And then an oldy and a young woman who's progressing. There are lots of cool members but we need to take advantage of them more to really help this area.
Love you all tons. Elder Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment