Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Big Mac-It's a Big Deal

3/19/12

Hola Flia!

I've been thinking about being a real person lately. I talked with Elder Cregor about some missionaries who try to do the things as Christ would and they just seem fake and others who do the same thing and it's just more real and about what makes a difference. Really it just comes down to motives. I thought about my motives for doing everything I do here on the mission and it basically boiled down to one motivating factor. I just want to be a good missionary and as I thought about that I considered it a worthy motive, but as I studied I realized there is, which I already knew, a much stronger motive that I have not yet seriously achieved and that's the love for the people. Like I feel I I have a love for God with regards to the mission rules, keeping working to the end, trying to serve my comp, but in the lessons and taking initiative to get the members involved, I lack. Sometimes it is just a challenge, but it should improve now that I've realized that I can make a good motive great. That should also take away my reservations about calling people a billion times. Because we sure are persistent, or so we like to believe.

Brillit is pogressing. We found like 14 new people last week. The were rushed lessons so the plan is to go back with members and hopefully God will give us a second chance with all of them.

Eler Cregor just bought me a big mac as I write this, he is full of the pure love of Cristo. It's a big deal here.

One woman couldn't come to church because we had asked her and her family to kneel for the prayer and she joined us though she we told her not to. We came back the next day, Sunday, and were like "Are you ready for church?" Her husband told us "No." that she had her her knee from her weight from kneeling. I turned to Cregor "Gosh, dang it, we killed her." and she didn't come. In fact only one came. We didn't use the member magic this week. But the one that came, Brillit, text us nice messages and Alvaro calls us to see how we are doing. The rest don't answer their cell phones.

I feel like I am in a weird phase of the mission. There is just a ton of things to improve. Lately I have been thinking about the language a lot and how I want to master it, but really I don't feel like it can be that big of priority.

Everything going good. Love you all tons.
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment