2/8/11
Dear Familia mia,
So Elder Bawden and Elder Coffman have both said 3 down and 101 or so to go! AND I WAS HORRIFIED. What the heck are the talking about? Counting down? I'd rather die! I said do not say that. I was mortified, it was bizarre. So that's how I feel about this mission. I don't want it to end. Yes, getting out of the MTC will be awesome, but already I'm dreading the end of this. Stop, stop thinking about it, it's too much.
This week has been excellent! I feel I made some real progress. First and foremost with my companionship relationship. Which is good. First, last Saturday in our lesson he took over and did an awesome job. He dominated that lesson and I think his confidence and joy grew because of it.
Second, we spogged, which is just a comp inventory. We went through our successes and our praises and where there are opportunities for improvement. I asked him, "Are you enjoying it here? Do you like it?"... "It's getting better."... I asked, "How can I make the MTC more enjoyably for you? "If you could sing alto..." henceforth, we went to the hermanas and with my backing arranged a musical number, with him as the accompanist. It will be sweet. We embrace each night after companionship prayer. Isn't that sweet?
I had a cool experience, running of all things. I was on my last half mile and thought, nothing I'm doing here is for me. Then a chant formed in my head, That was completely epic at the time, and I was totally focused on the people of Colombia, on my companions, and on Christ. I ran pretty fast for me, dropped almost a minute off my previous time. It was nuts. I had all these images of saving my companions from evil dogs and other dangers and teaching thousands. Probably the most mentally epic run of my life. It was even funnier to go down to the next level of the gym and see an Elder sleeping on the mats. FUNNY.
We got a new teacher, our adorable one is gone, hermano Sparks. He is stricter than the other teachers. But he is awesome. The first day he spoke his Spanish with a Theta, a lisp they speak with in Spain and it was so funny. I was dying.
So all my life I've wondered why we've been so blessed. I believe it is because Heavenly Father knew we would do something with the blessings He gave us. He gave us all the various talents and paths to choose from and the faith to go for it. He EXPECTS a lot from us. He has blessed us cause we would turn it right back to Him to help us make the most of it. So let's live up to it,eh? What a compliment from the Most High! I'm going to accept this challenge and plead for the help to utilize these blessing I've received the way God would have me.
I can't believe how blessed we are!
Love you bunches,
Elder Patrick Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment