2/22/11
HOLA FAMILIA!
We made a a lot progress this week in a lot of different ways. Well at least I did.
Jessica! I'm so glad to have a sister like you. I can hardly believe the amount of faith you have. How many girls would trust God enough to go over to China pregnant and be totally faithful while over there? You truly are an example of faith to me Jessica and you always have been. Thank you so much for that, being an older sister I could look up to, I didn't realize how much faith you are actually showing until I got here and thought about you. TRULY incredible. Keep it up sista!This last week I feel like we made leaps and bounds in our companionship. I realized, I think, how to be a better companion.
Also my entire motivation for serving a mission has changed. It used to be a long list of things about becoming who God wanted me to be and developing charity among all sorts of other things. But for me it is much more simple than that. I am here, doing all I can on my mission for one reason. I am here because I love Christ. That's it. In that I know I will accomplish all He wants me to become and to teach. It is the reason I do my best to be obedient, the reason, I strive to learn how to teach. I can't think of a purer motivation. My love for Him and His for me, That is why I am here.
Today, as I got out of the temple a young women stopped my companion and me. She asked us to bear our testimonies to her before she went into the temple. Of course I said, "Do you speak Spanish?"
AND SHE DID!
BAM! Take that antagonistic thoughts of not being able to speak Spanish. I bore her a testimony in Spanish and I barely had to think about it. As soon as I was done I honestly couldn't tell if I had born my testimony in English or Spanish. I know it was still misconjugated botched Spanish, but it got the point through. I loved it. You have little moments of the gift of tongues when you need it. All you gotta do is open your mouth, cuz as Pres. Monson says, "the language of the Spirit is universal." or something to that effect.
Also four weeks from yesterday I will be on a plane to Colombia. It will be awesome.
Because we are half way through the district leader switched to the very person to whom I wanted it to least. This guy is a nut. He takes things too seriously, or not enough, botches spiritual moments, can't communicate clearly, says dumb things, struggles to be comfortable socially in any circumstance. When they announced he would be it, it was like, what are you thinking. He's prideful enough without giving him any authority. He needs to be cut down, not built up. Maybe that's why he is getting it.
Well you guessed it.
Elder Taylor is the new district leader. Probably just because he is tall.
But shouldn't it be more than that?
Shouldn't a leader actually have skill in leading? A vision of where he will direct his district and the courage to correct those detracting from the Spirit of the MTC?
Apparently not, I guess it's a height thing ;)
No, I really do take it seriously and hope that by some miracle I can help my district have the most success possible here in the MTC.
It's a good time here.
I just keep singing in the rain, shine or snow. and working to prove it.
I love you all, you are the best.
LOVE,
Elder Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment