Friday, April 1, 2011

Barranquilla

3/28/11


Dear family,

I´ve been here for almost a week, feels like 5 minutes! The first day I arrived in Barranquilla we met with the President and he had us bear testimony about how we felt about our call and everything.

My comp is awesome. He doesn´t speak English so a lot of the time I just nod and smile and do what he does. It´s worked so far. He teaches really simply cuz a lot of these people are very uneducated. I usually teach like 2 or three principals and then testify to the best of my ability. I can tell what he says most of the time. He works hard which is the best because as soon as we are working it is way easier to focus.

My area is called Costa Hermosa in the zone Hipódromo. As of yet we haven´t had to knock on very many doors before someone lets us in to teach the lesson. They are all just chillin, watching tv or something and basically are kind of looking for an alternate form of entertainment sometimes, glad we could provide it.

The mail system here is fine. You can send me things and letters. Just send them to the mission office.

Our investigators are awesome. Though I can´t speak I feel a connection with the 12 to 17 old kids. They are fun to be around . Carlos is a new investigator and he came to church and so did a family of 3 the Escobars. Both look promising. Me or my comp will be in the water this Saturday getting the hell out of 2 cute little niñas. The people here are awesome and the food has been too. The obispo´s wife and daughter cook for us and everything is so good. We don´t eat dinner, so we have extra time to work! It is the best. I love it here.

Dad you know those little three wheeled cars in India that you brought me a toy of? They are everywhere here and we ride in them all the time, and we walk a lot. It is the best. I´ve decided that no matter what I will not complain, hopefully ever in my life. If my feet hurt it means I´ve been doing the work of the Lord and if I´m sweating the same, hungry the same. I really changed my perspective on uncomfortableness here, but I want to be like Nefi in the wilderness, and in all my hardship, however big or small I will not complain.

The biggest thing is the language, not being able to communicate is the worst thing. (not a complaint a fact) There is nothing more I want than to be fluent in Spanish right now, but other than that I´m totally stoked to be here. I know that that will come with time. This is the best.

I love you guys. outta time take care, don´t buy the pig heads from off the street and filter your water, you´ll be ok.

Love you tons, love it here tons,

Elder Taylor

1 comment:

  1. What does that mean? getting the hell out. I guess taking the bad out of them?

    ReplyDelete