4/18/11
Familia!
Familia!
I have gained a new name for myself, Juan, El Bautista. Not really, but I did baptize personally Jesus Adrian Reyes Ordoñez on Saturday. Not quite the same as the Messiah but still important. Cleansed by water and by fire of all his nine year old iniquities, including drinking tea which almost made him uneligible to be baptized, luckily the Lord remembers it no more. but it was close. I´ll send pictures next week cuz this week the computer is dumb and won´t let me. You´ll be able to see them. (him and the niñas)
It was a cool experience to be the baptizer. I was able to completely forget all my headaches(which were not common for me before), hotness (not appearance), and pain (going for a third generation blister, like a bulls eye on my foot.) and focus entirely on him. Though I had to say the prayer twice in front of a lot of people, (it was a noche blanca where we as a zone had like 8 people baptized, supposed to be 15 but you know how it is.) but it was done and the child is pure. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the best.
The people here are the best. It is an international thing I found, ´´¿cómo está la temperatura arriba?´´ How´s the weather up there? and all the middle aged ladies come and measure themselves to see how they compare. And one night I had 15 niños following me and others yelling el gigante! My compañero just laughed and continued contacting. One group of people even took a picture with me like I was a zoo animal. I provide much entertainment. The problem is that the doors here are always like 3 inches lower so I duck normally and nail my head.
I´d just like a summary on people, how they are doing, in their missions, lives and what not. Like 2 sentences if you could do that.
¿GIRLS? heck ya , like mom like hija, way to go. They´ll be fun to turn into tomboys, rappelling before they can wipe themselves. like me.
I love you all, my investigators are great, just hard to get them to DO anything, maybe we need to teach with more purpose. probably that. Next weeks email wont be so general so get excited.
I love you so much,
love Elder Taylor
Patrick has been ill this week, please keep him in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment