5/24/11
Familia!
Familia!
I hope everybody is loving life. I am doing wonderfully, having recently returned from the costco of colombia and having acquired over 6 pounds of cereal.
I need all the help I can get in this language. I understand a lot, but still speak way slow. and a lot of the times I can pick out the words now but I can´t translate them fast enough or don´t have the vocab yet to understand fully. It is distressing man. but hey. Deny not the gifts of God and the don de lenguas is real! and it will come. This whole thing is really requiring me to humble myself to the dust.
And this is ironic because in the last week I have found at least 6 people who speak English really well randomly in my area. One girl works for greyhound bus lines as an operator and her vocabulary is very colorful.
I also received an invitation to Audrey´s wedding. We were practicing in the church for our missionary choir and the zone leader elder porter gave it to me and everyone was loving the ´´dear john´´ as i hopelessly tried to explain that was not the case and failed in English and in Spanish. So there you go. First girl to write me off. We´ll have to keep a tally.
I want to conquer man! I want to lose myself. these last two months i did what was required, but really nothing more. and that is messed up. I am here to leave it all out on the floor, and if I totally forget myself in the process all the better. When all is said and done, I want to be able to say for the rest of my life, I am who i am because of my mission. I really was ´´handcrafted in colombia.´´
love you all, you are all the best!
love you tons,
Elder Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment