Monday, September 5, 2011

I Am Here To work

9/5/11


Hola familia!

i don`t have a lot of time, surprise right but i wrote an outline so this should contain some good stuff. first off it rained A LOT one day and was awesome we got got compltetly soaked and our lunch failed us so we were going to mcdonalds in the mall. but we had to cross the road with some construction and the entire thing was flooded and all we could see were some piles of dirt so we headed towards those. Raining ferociously and all of the sudden my comp drops, and is up to his chest in muddy water holding his bag above his head. So funny. i had no idea what to do so i stood there dumbly laughing as he crawled out. later we cleaned ourselves in rain from the rooftops and he was not that much wetter than i was even though he fell in a hole.

Good news, Moisès got baptized the week after I left so we are good on him. Everything went well. This last week we had a zone conference and it was sweet. Elder Holland gave a talk in the MTC the week before I started the mission and we watched this talk. his main point was about being active after your mission and how we`ve left our nets like the apostles forever I was totally pumping up.

I am a better missionary because of my companio. I look at the mission more practically now and how to work màs eficaz. Really what I learned the most from him is my own drive to work. I`m not perfect, but i know why I am here. I am here to work.

More than anything i need to learn to take initiative in every moment. Like cleaning the bathroom and creating a rag out of nothing was how I applied this today.

I am doing well. learning lots and trying to forget myself for these people, even though that is not easy. Anyway i love you all tons thanks for all you do for me. I really feel great here and I love the challenges. If it was easy, everyone would do it. Jacob 1 8 ish i think


love you tons,
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment