9/26/11
Hola!
Hola!
First of all -- !HORMICAS! You CANNOT ESCAPE them! And the ones in this new house BITE. And it itches forever. And it was just that kind that invaded my package. So I was obligated to open it. Cursed insects. You know what they were after? That orange coconut peanut butter stick - that’s it! They CHEWED through the plastic to get to it and only that! The rest was fine! But they forced me to open it early dang it! Thank you for all the good stuff. I share almost all of it cuz these Elders never have tried such goodness in all their life and the jockstrap is sweet. WAY better than the boxers I bought here and I’m flattered you bought me a large. The shirt is sweet and the shorts are perfect - and all the yummy goodness sustains me - there are Elders here who are lucky if they even get letter from their family or even an email. You guys are the best.
This week was sweet - I did inter cambio with an AP from Idaho. We ended up with 7 lecciones con miembro. It was cool to see his example y to see him fulfill his calling or assignment cuz I felt totally hopeful after he left. Last Friday we did a camida gringa with some of our investigatores. I made ham cheese and tomato sandwiches and accidentally bought jalepeno flavored cheese so it was PICANTE. But good - and apples and pringles which they don’t like - Wierdos. I put lime juice on the apples just for the heck of it and it was so good. And during the dinner they brought us this crab, alive but without pinchers and I was holding it and it started to freak out - all of its legs were flinging every which way and I just held it yelling “Oh My GOSH! OH MY GOSH!” cuz I had no idea what was happening and everybody laughed.
The houses are tiny and built super poorly - It’s never cold here so they hardly worry about windows - just bars so no one gets in and they are built from bricks - bien fubros asi. with cement in between - we could make them as a service project in one day --or faster but that’s all they need here a roof from the rain and a fan from the heat -- a toilet, water, gas and a mattress.
Being the district leader in this district is weird cuz everyone is the same or older than I am - I’m trying to set 3 goals for the district each week but I still got a lot to learn. Pedro y Ana Iris are getting along - he understands not a lot and she is sort of dragged into by her dad, but hey, she’ll feel it I hope. I’ve almost let myself get mad at the costerios? They mess up there lives so bad and just don’t get it. No one here gets married. A lot of the men are planting way too many seeds. And the trash. It is everywhere. Sometimes I just want to scream “Take Care of Your Home!” I didn’t realize a difference it makes to simply appreciate what you have by taking care of it. Like your body -- your virtue - your mind. God gave us these things we’ve got to take care -- never had it hit me like that before - a little thing like litter - makes a HUGE Difference.
I am definitely starting to take more of a lead in the missionary work and it is good - I am definitely learning what it is to be humble - we’ve been doing a lot of splits lately with the members which I love. I told you we moved - our new house is way far away from our area. Then we have to cram into this little car that takes us to our house - terrible -- but adventurous.
I’m doing great, trying to focus more and work according to Preach My Gospel. !Love you tons! You are simply the best,
Love,
Elder Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment