
1/9/12
Hola Familia,
How are ya? I feel excellent- to the point of well I'm not sure of a good analogy but I feel great. lets start by a cliche- wow! I cant believe how time flies! Two weeks was so fast! It seems like Christmas was just two weeks ago! And now I have described my feelings perfectly. A lot worked really well this week we did a serving son and seinora who gave us peach juice, but en realized it was tea! Dang It And I drank two full glasses! SINNER! Then i realized after, oh dang- but we painted her porch and it was fun, but then she stood us up in the city- Not awesome. Her name is Shayla- That's a first for here.
And then a recent convert turned super pilas and accompanies us to appointments at her friends and brings them to church and tells them "Everyone will tell this church is terrible! That it's bad, but I go there and I prayed to God and I feel great with my decision to be baptized last month" and were like YA! GLADYS- and when she gets excited he ends up teaching a good part of the resrawxoupia tam bien-So that's great-
we are spending a lot of time trying to find people to teach- All those we had found did not progress- dang it. but one women, she has 2 daughters that are members and she'd be baptized the fourth of February- I was going to make baptismal challenges this week for Dad's birthday. How fun that'l be and my comp told me this week that all my companions are probably 80% better than they were before being my comp. He's kind of nuts but a cool remark. I like my comp lots.
Kristina's questions- there are nasty spiders and like daddy long legs but much more mean looking- and their legs get huge! They live in the roofs of peoples homes- the worst is just the mosquitoes that bit your feet while you sleep and sometime your feet will be so itchy you wake up- but the itch cream mom sent me with is amazing. There are ants everywhere- pick em rollem flikem and not much more- cockroaches- sometimes a crickets- lots of sweet lizards especially geckos, but they are hard to catch- super fast and somewhat fragile- (discovery by experience.) I took my contacts out at Christmasish and haven't put them back in because things were crawling out of my eyes. My showers are always cold. There's no hot water unless you boil it. I try to wash my whole body well every morning because one morning in November I realized that my bell button looked tan- which was weird because its behind two shirts and a tie- so obviously I started investigate- 6 months of sweat and dead skin and dirt I took out- that had caked itself to my precious naval. So now I bathe myself very well. Sit in it, takes me about 10 minutes- And the water just comes out lake a hose- not awesome- then I usually shave my face while I'm in there.
There are no really tall Colombians but somehow they all have cousins that are tall like me. I don't believe them. We played b-ball today until these Colombians wanted to play soccer and kicked us off the court. They wanted to play us but betting on the game. Should have taken that bet, but in basketball. Then they just watched us and were supper annoying. I cleaned the house- deeply and got rid of everything that smelt like poop and turned to bleach a shirt, but the bleach her stinks. but i just chucked it in and it'll turn out sweet. I'm trying to focus myself better and study for my investigators. Like their specific needs, I've no idea- to be baptized is one suggestion.
Love you all tons-
Elder Taylor


No comments:
Post a Comment