Monday, February 13, 2012

The Light Shined in the Darkness

1/16/12

Hola familia,

How the heck are you? Bein. I'm excellent- Recently I've been thinking a lot about what Satan just does not understand. There is a lot he just doesn't get. Those that live in my house and I were discussing a picture of the atonement and in this aforementioned painting there are several significant gestures such as a drop, an angel, a cup, and a serpents hissing. One elder said it was laughing- I thought that was an interesting perception- laughing? Why on earth would he laugh? In these moments he's losing- Later I remembered another time Satan laughed- When Enoch saw him and assaugers rejoicing in this inindoiurs of the world and God crying- So I read this passage and i keep reading and turns out Enoch starts to cry as well, these images just have not a lot of sense- of Satan- Laughing- Until dido- A 12 year old said randomly "La Risa Es Igxomicea" The light shined in the darkness and the darkness comprehended it not but I did. So that was a cool experience just to think that Satan doesn't understand why Christ did what he did- Doesn't comprehend the light and love that Christ gives to us and that one of his main goals- to block the love or the understanding of the love, (That he himself doesn't comprehend), I believe firmly that everyone has felt the love of Christ, and may even attribute to him but they just don't know how to respond.

So that's my job- I find where and when they felt the love and show them even more and invite them to respond correctly. So that's fun- to try and go deep soul diving with these people but it's kind of hard because I rarely can think of a deep or rather profound experience. Maybe in the hospital or the beginning of being here or all the revelation I received in the MTC. But I don't know if they'd understand or relate. Well, I'll keep pondering-

Have I told you about all the trash here? It's so bad that it becomes part of the earth- I was talking with Elder Arnett- We did splits and he said,"I imagine that in like a million years when they find ruins of Colombia they'll see all the trash and say-"these people considered them selves civilized!?" It made me think and on that I became disgusted with how dirty the street around the church was so I said to my companion- Limianos mansna? So el sabaco After study we left to clean the church street- 2 hours- 10 full bags of nasty, foul smelling, pornographic trash. Later we ended and my neck got burned-hah- We also were able to clean the inner grounds a little bit as well- But the next day trash again- Whatever- Better than it was- But I made a promise to myself that whenever I teach the plan of salvation in the creation I will teach "Do not throw trash everywhere! Take care of what God gave you!" I understand better now why the world will be purified by fire- To burn all the trash out of Colombia.

We are finding some quality people here0 Shayla um Sinora de 28 anos showed us a hieroglyph from Guatemala that they believe is Christ- Sweet-- we bought a new cell phone- 2 days of splits with Elder Arnett and Elder Davidson, 3 months here y habla moy bien- The 2 consecutive days with gringos were fun- We got hit on a lot- or at least Elder Davidson- Elder Arnett almost got hit by a car- not fast but stupid driver- Had strange baptismal interviews- Cool comp.

Love you all tons!
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment