Monday, October 8, 2012

The Basis is Home Teaching

8/13/12

Halo Familia!

We'll see if we can whip this out – writing late because we went to ParqueTayroma today! Totally sick! Look it up! I'm pretty sure they filmed Pirates of the Caribbean there. I have sweet pics I'll try to send.

Our bathroom exploded this week. All three other elders used and It got nastily clogged. Nothing I haven't fixed before (even when it all comes out of the shower drain – normal), short version – dirty water enters house beneath-mad owner yells at us-we call a guy-cannot shower-guy comes, fixes it. Not our fault – just poorly built. Showered in the kitchen sink.

My Comp finished the book of Mormon and I gave him a sweet pen so he'd be an Elderzote. That was sweet to see.

We had a couple blowouts with investigators this week. Gustavo Se Rebelo' said "never will I go to the church", so we know there's a deeper doubt there. And others have had super bad experience (violence) in their matrimono that we had to call super directly to repentance and then later we left a task that they'd tell each other that they loved each other – cute! But a new one came to church (finally) after a month he came and is going to bring his wife next week. Will see!

And then we went to the rich part again and we actually have two potential families there! They are hard to find a lot, but usually complete the compromises. Such is already being married, but will see!

The church needs a lot of help here in Santa Marta and the basis is home teaching – do it – it really is the churches most important calling, or assignment, but it only works if you do it.

Love you all tons!

Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment