Thursday, October 18, 2012

Totally Powerful

 8/27/12

Halo Familia!

Elder Holland comes this Saturday to my mission! Wahoo! That'll be sweet. We are going to have a meeting with him from 10:30 AM till 11:45 AM and I'm sure it will be the sweetest hour and 15 minutes I've experienced in my entire life. We've been preparing a choir for him and I'm sort of worried about it. With all the practices and a zone conference the work went super downhill. But I realized a super fault I have in my work – verification – you got to be on top of these people. So we've committed to a plan where we are going to see them almost all every day. Through us or the members.

The zone conference edified me. Mostly just made me want to complete goals and love people and be one with my Comp – he's actually cool. I just think it was hard for him to change areas and stuff. I've totally smashed him a couple times with the doctrine and liked it. We actually watched a video del Elder Bednar and he said the answer is always in the doctrine. Always cool to see. And that is what changes behavior.

A couple hard days past where everything fell through – everything. My comp got all thoughtful and quiet and I just kept going like "get over it dude" and he did. I prayed that God would give my investigators a trial of faith in going to church and He did, and they failed. Except two. It rained a ton at 1:30 PM right before church started and stopped at like 1:50 to 1:55 so they could have gone. Had they been diligent they could've gone, but I know that God answers prayers.

Also it's necessary to have a repentant and building attitude cuz that is where God helps you to progress. I'm cruising through the BOM(Book of Mormon) – totally powerful!

Love you all tons!

Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment