1/23/12
Hola Familia!
Can your believe it? Blast! What the heck? So bummed! I was so sure I was going to stay in Soledad 2000 that I even began to put all the info in my new agenda. Bah. Alas the two zones of Hipodrama joined and Elder Aguirre stayed in my area to reap all the fruits. I went to Hipodromo hipdromo, ward and stake. With Elder Camdia from Peru. We are now in charge of 22 missionaries. Including nosotros and I live where I stayed the first nights when I arrived here. Super nostalgic. Just us two though so that's a change but we spend all night every night on the phone. Doesn't really make much of a difference. He's great. Super dedicated missionary and leader. And funny with the members. But I left! Gosh! I was content in Soledad 2000-2, I was going to direct it this transfer, or at least be more in charge with Elder Aguirre. But I left! I had friends and I used them effectively. There were going to be results! I felt motivated. There were families that I loved and now I'm in another difficult barrio. No friends. Learning to teach and become unified again with the comp and seeing no landmarks to orient me in the area and just feeling nostalgic being here, zone leader of my first zone and living in my first house and all that. Hey but I love it. Why not break my heart, it grows back stronger.
But the new area is sweet and I found my first complete nonmember family. Mom and dad, married, 2 kids, 16 and two year olds. Potential, accepted a date but didn't come to church. In Soledad 2000-2, when I left I was able to say bye to some investigators and 1 recent convert Tanya and she started to cry. So funny. She has 10 years and her fingerless friend investigators, Tania, also. So funny and another recent convert also told me I'd always have a family in Soledad 2000- that was sweet. So after all this I am still suffering from a lame problem. I hesitate. Since I got here I've been hesitating. Always. I think it is because I've never been really El comparedo mayor. Which is a lame excuse but as es.
All my comps have had more time than me in the mission. Or in the area and even as a "Zone Leader" and two transfers with two new areas still I can only really follow at least the first couple weeks but the final decision is with the senior comp. But I know I shouldn't hesitate. So D&C 58:26-29. That's all there is to it. Just sometimes I wish I was explicitly in control. But I should definitely get better at taking the initiative to help people. Or to testify or try a little harder, increase my passion to proclaim the gospel to every creature.
So I have deep thought experiences and when my companion was bugging (joking with) a member I thought of how I love to do that. and I actually imagined myself bugging Alyssa Bailey and in the daydream she said "Wow you didn't change at all." and I replied "No, not much. Only now I don't hesitate to testify that Christ is my Savior." And it brought tears to my eyes in this moment. (Didn't cry) But I do know Christ is my Savior. This is His church and that is enough for me.
Love you all tons.
Elder Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment