Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!

5/14/12

Hola Familia,

Happy Mothers day! What an epic fail! When I left skype yesterday we went to ask the neighbors if they had a microphone and no one did so we went to a nice internet in Buena Vista and they still didn't! So I called you guys and even made the lady look for grandma's home phone on the internet to call but no one answered. What is Oma's number?

But look I could be on the verge of discovering some deep spiritual truth from this experience. Let's plan on Saturday in the morning. Like right at 10:30 am because I got a few questions.

These weeks have been slow like super not awesomely good. We've decided to try something and totally focus ourselves so that we'll start to see a little bit of a difference in our propia zona tanto en to da la zona. We'll see how it goes.

I'm really hoping I've been taking full advantage of the mission but it is hard to tell. Sometimes It's like "Dang! That's a greeny mistake I'm still making!" And you realize "Man, I got to refocus, in everything."

Then this week we had a couple skiffs and with the assistants. Did I tell you it is my old comp from Aru, Elder Candia. But I have absolutely no bonuses with him at all. We weren't very good companions. Mostly because I lacked good communication with him. Sometimes you just don't want to share your ideas and just do them but that doesn't work well in a missionary work, but ya we had a couple of differences on how to get things done faster and some other stuff. It was annoying and we did it the long way and pretty much let them do the other thing. Super ineffective.

But hey I just found out that Alvaro came to church yesterday! We thought no one came! But he came and he liked it a lot. He's an older gentlemen. Like 60. Son has problems but he's liking the church. Both. And we just called him and he said he liked the stake Pres's talk scolding all the jovenes not on missions. With a miracle he'll be baptized on Saturday. WooHoo! Ray of Hope!

Elder Arnett and I are totally refocusing ourselves to get the zone and us out of a slump that we have been on for a couple weeks. Months even. And should be able to arrovechar la conferencia de zona. This Jueves!

We found a new guy who speaks English pretty well named Alex and he took us to get oatmeal that was super delicious and we didn't manage the lesson very well. But the avena, oatmeal, (it's a drink here) was super duper delicious and he's got potential.

I like our investigator pool because they are all men. Priesthood and I don't feel tempted to define them (stop teaching them) every lesson, but still gotta work on getting their families. But we aren't spending time missionaries here. Gotta focus on the family. For the temple. There will be a temple here! Isn't that sweet?

So a couple of things of miscellaneous sort. Grandma and Grandpa tell them "Hi" Are you saying family prayers morning and night? Tell Jenny thanks for the letter/talk. I liked it lots. Showed my comp. I'm totally going to focus myself and live the dream mission. That is a paradoxical concept.

Love you all tons!
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment