6/4/12
Hola Familia!
Fans don't really work when they are only blowing hot air at you, and showers- the fact is also nullified by hot water( luke warm) in my current circumstances.
In fact I fasted Saturday to Sunday – normal – but I just had an unquenchable fire inside of me. I neglected preparing myself for this fast well and so received a fire inside of me that I had never before experienced and hopelessly attempted to moisten the cracked and dried ground of the garden inside of me. Filling a bucket and immersing my head, showering thoroughly and even pouring my refrigerated water on my head but to no avail. Thusly I was more tormented with little or no air from my fan as I sought rest that would not come. And it did not come, until vanquished by infernal, internal aridity and the taunting call of juco from the fridge. I arose and as the clock struck 12, I did drink. Immediately every sweat gland kicked in and I found out I needed more with in 10 minutes so I drank more. And I slept well! Weird Bodily experience. Make sure you stay hydrated!
But besides that I saw Hermona Gaviria and El Presidente this Sunday. In fact I had to teach" Gospel Principles" in front of them and all our investigators and in Spanish, but the subject was The Day of Rest, super easy. Then I was put in charge of leading the missionary choir for the Charla Folonera El Pres. had that night, I did a bang up job!
Then Jose Ricaurte came to church and he's totally sacerdocio. With his 15-year-old son. Lost his wife a while ago, like 10 years and another reference of, (a menosactivo who came back this week). Eduardo, he's totally awesome and has a reference that is a good one, not sacerdocio.
Also I had to eat a cow stomach twice this week. It's not that bad but it's definitely not good. I had a huge chunk of some part of the cow in my soup yesterday and it had hair like a scruffy chin. Like the hair I grow on my Chinnish looking. And a fat and tendon looking thing. Didn't even phase me. Ate the soup, left that thing wallowing in its own to putridity. But all the pieces of stomach surrounding it I ate – not too bad.
Comp received his visa on Wednesday and we traveled to Barranquilla – you would not believe some of the towns we drove through. Totally poor, live almost in the water. Unbelievable and so many! Little light bulbs are the only source of light. Humbling.
While I was there I got to go to the urologist! But not for me. I just accompanied elder Bean . Urologist man spoke perfect English. Asked about the underwear he used "Uh, well a boxer. " Then after he said " well 2 boxers. I wear a religious underwear and then a boxer." Funny awkward moment – I don't think I could have been avoided. "A religious underwear." True, but it made me laugh.
Then I saw Elder Arnett in the office. He's a great friend. I also found out that of all those who came with me to Colombia I will be the only gringo who survives the Columbia Barranquilla mission. The rest of my group either had difficulties and won't finish with me or were transferred by Pres. to the Midellin mission. Totally solo.
Found out my Comp is scared of toads! We did a small service and cleaned leaves and trash and branches and stuff from a members road and found toads, and he ran away! Course I caught it and tormented him with it.
Starting to really understand my purpose more. Don't know why it took me so long. I've been kind of a slow learner. Just trying to reach another deeper level of meaning in my purpose as a missionary. Especially in verification – lots of calling. The other day Elder Ramirez and I walked past an Evangelical church and all of a sudden my Comp says, in English," it's big and an abomination!"
Love you all tons,
Elder Taylor!
No comments:
Post a Comment