Monday, July 9, 2012

Ready to Dig In

5/28/12

Hola Familia!

Felicitaciones! Couple things – I’m super glad Opa’s funeral went well. I still belong to the mission Colombia Barranquilla – asi que I will not go to Medellin. Though it would have been sweet, but I no longer belong to the zona paraiso y a zone no longer is under my care. Just a new, little corruptible missionary is, hahaha!

He’s from Tabasco Mexico and a convert of 1 and 7 months- and totally awesome and kind of mouse like. Still hasn’t read past Enos in the BOM but has a strong testimony quiere trgajar and has a meta de leer todo (I mean read it all) by June 16 – 10 pages or so a day – (I helped do that) – (in English a lot more – clinica)) I have been talking to a ton of Spanish lately and it has gone way down hill from being with gringos for so long but I’m working on it.

Oh and I’m in Santamarta – bastidas and it’s poor! So that’s totally different, and there are a ton of mountains. And my area can be pretty hilly or hillacious and I’m just ready to dig in. Got to train the members a little and we’ll start getting things done. In the training program now we have 2 hours of comp study and it still doesn’t seem like enough. I’m trying to use it well. I’m actually in the area where E Arnett started his mission – kind of fun, right? Also added to my prayers that we’ll find families and sacerdocio to build this ward. The missionaries before had 3 baptisms right before they left and didn’t leave a ton of investigators – like 2 really real ones so we’ll see how it goes. I’m trying to focus a lot on working effectively con cos miembros and in being direct and loving and bold like I was to Franklin – just telling what God expects of them – and with love. You guys are the best.

Love you all tons,
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment