1/30/12
Hola Familia,
I love you all so much! A Lot! I was thinking about that this week. It's just that I am incredibly blessed. And I know words are just words, but this is kinda all I got right now. I'd love to give each one of you deeply thought out, personalized letters. But there simply isn't time. I can barely accomplish this haphazardly.
And to transfer this love to my new area. Man, sometimes it is hard. We spent a great deal of the week knocking doors, and sometimes we do it so boringly. You forget to just start testifying. It's a way to deliver your heart and it just feels different- like HI! We're Missionaries and this gospel that I teach and live (or try to) has blessed my family a ton. I know that it will bless yours cuz it is what God has restored for us. And your heart just begins to open to them a little. We found a lot of people that couldn't accept the Book of Mormon- that was annoying.
And Carnival is coming up again, but we wont be enclosed again. People just wander the streets and the noise and alcohol-De Barranquilla. Which is different from the Cartagena, but they are terrible. So Bad. You read about the false traditions of the Lamanites in the BoM, -well here you go.
Also our baptism fell through. not Awesome. I'm afraid this is becoming too routine in my mission. I'm going back to the basics- Obedience, Exercise, Timing, Talk with everyone, Good Study, no hesitating, and Memorization. I firmly believe a new found passion will come to me soon.
Hey, I want to say thanks to all who have written me, like physical letters. Especially Brittany Wagstaff. Tell them sorry I don't write back. Also I got a package from Ashley M. and Lindsey W. with a calendar of 2012. But the red head Lindsey sent me a letter addressed to Evan, strange. I think she made a mistake. Also tell brother Lewis thanks for his package. My Aunts too. And other friends as well. I am so GRATEFUL. It helps a ton to hear from people.
We had interviews this week, awesome. We ended up waiting til ten at night to be interviewed in the office of the Mission after having arrived at 4 o'clock. 6 hours of waiting. I asked the Pres. Specifically what I could improve and he told me. There's always the language. Ha Ha. Then I unintentionally gave him an interview asking him about his family. I also told him how the gospels becoming more than just what I read in books. It's not like a school class anymore. I don't just learn to get A's. That was a cool little analogy.
The family that fed us before the interview gave us a ton. I was dying. Then after at like 5 I got a headache and at 10 just after my interview I barfed, for the first time since arrival. I totally puked, like 4 times- beans and rice. In the office. The President was like- What happened? "Ate to much Pres." How sweet. A compliment to the interview.
I also read a talk by Elder Holland-Awesome. Pumped me up! Got a lot to improve- Lots to become. I was getting on myself about the Mission. Just things feeling like GOSH! Why don't I see those things. Why don't I see what God sees. But you get over it and keep trying to deliver these people your heart. (HARD).
My comp is from Peru and I've found that most Argentinos and Chileins are just gringos who speak Spanish, but Peruanos there is a lot less in common. But we get along fine. I need to be a better companion to him. A lot more supportive leader. Need to tell him I love him because we still haven't really connected. Not in teaching or anything, like we're companions. That's all. Also could be from a lack of communication of goals and such and that I just barely realized the trap of complaining I had fallen into- No more of that! And we live by ourselves which is also sort of monotonous. (Hey, but we have our own bathrooms!- not that awesome.)
But back to the basics for me, Obedience, always thinking ahead and how I can be more obedient for these people, and fearlessness. I have a year-no excuses-so much to improve. But it's got to come out of love or it's totally not worth it. I've been in a rut. RUT- NO MORE. I just have to leave the RUT and *SHINE*. Even if people close their eyes or throw water on me. Could happen. So I have set goals, just have to fulfill them.
I will end where I began. I LOVE YOU ALL TONS. Thanks a ton for everything. I am trying to find families, but so far the search continues. We're close to two, but they've got a way to go. 18 and 25. we're hoping. You guys are the best, seriously,
LOVE YOU ALL TONS,
ELDER TAYLOR
No comments:
Post a Comment