Monday, March 26, 2012

Wickedness never was Happiness

2/22/12

Hola familia!


Actually I'm not sure when this well arrive due to Carnival. Totally not awesome stuck again in the house, but you know what? These Colombians go totally nuts for their Carnival and they start early. So we hide ourselves away. So this letter I'm going to try and fill you in on some things. First off, You would laugh at the circumstances in which I find myself right now. Once again trapped, struggling to block out this oppressive, repetitive, chain of music with which my beloved companions are bound and seek to bind all they can, rattling hazes all the inhabitants thereof started this morning, Saturday, at six with various middle of the night spurts and I'm sure it will last a good long while. Menos Mal, thats a huge event, happens right outside our house. We live four blocks or so from a "freeway" so to speak where the La Batrina de Flores passes and people have been passing all headed to whatever iniquitiousness is happening. (Mormon 6:17) down there. Gosh this is totally inefficient. Can't focus on anything. 9:45 pm. The same songs over and over again. All day. So many people and cerveza, Irresponsibly drinking.(Hellacious is a word?) It got to the point to where they were seated right outside our window. Bizarre. there's still music but it's getting farther away now.(Same songs) Is there a new Rhianna song called "Fire Away"? Definitely heard it. Best song that played during the day. Now that I've seen a little of what the world considers "fun" on a general scale I am utterly appalled. Firstly, highly unconscious of the commandments. So twisted their concept of fun is here, especially. Sit, drink, occasionally dance poorly and throw silly weird string everywhere. But ya I'll stop hating now. It's not that I hate them just their flagrant sinning. Outside my window. Totally not awesome and loud. Luckily the close music turned off. We didn't work at all today or yesterday. Lame. Wickedness never was nor will ever be Happiness! Just a giant waste of time!


So I'm in a process of rediscovering how awesome el Libro De Mormon is, totally dig it. So true. Establishes the truth and proves to the world that Jesus is the Christ, and also Jehovah- I found more testilos de Jehovah this week than ever before -refuse to be taught. We fled from Barranquilla. Hey to PLAY! Zones of Barranquilla played ultimate frisbee in a sweet resort type thing. I fell in the mud. Totally slipped and sled. Awesome. I missed doing that. Then I was cleaning myself off happily in a puddle of water a little and an assistant started snorting at me. Funny. Like a pig. even funnier cuz he himself is kind of huge. I also touched the ocean and was getting way close and enjoying myself thoroughly til the other assistant yelled "Vaya!" Fun sucker. No not really but totally enjoyed the beach awesome.

Other question, unrelated. Do termites bite? Cuz they are building a strange tube like nest, gets longer ever night and day. Right above my bed and if it falls and they bite, my face will twist first in bewilderment and then agony. Alas,(wings in Spanish) No one well see cuz it will be dark. Seeing as I'm only there in the night, not a decision. Also, not related- I'm wearing your St. Patrick's tie, I ate all the candy. Thanks a billion. Made the time in the house better. I discovered termites do not bite, but also that their strange tube nests have an optimum length, and cannot be permitted to exceed this length, especially ever night.


We had zone conference. I gave a talk. It was tough. Think I regained a little bit with my testimony and that's good. Awesome so that is it. I've not much more time but, I love you all tons. Thanks for everything. I'm doing fine. Excellent really. They are going to make a 2nd mission! It'll start in July. In Medellin. Totally awesome right? RIGHT. Its really important that we accomplish goals. Yesterday watched a Mormon video about Tyler Haws. Totally nostalgic to see BYU again and Lone Peak. The goal in the zone conference "You gotta really put your heart into them and find goals that really matter." Sometimes you can just feel like your biding your time and that totally stinks. Don't bide your time. Live and living can come through accomplishing your goals.


So I'm trying to set some heart felt goals. If I make some of them a reality they'll be really sweet. Well, it's time to get to work! Gotta do way better- lose myself and be a missionary. Thanks for writing. Just so you know. Elder Stephen Chase Cregor is from CA. We're the zone leaders of Paranso the Stake.


Love you all tons,
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment