Friday, September 14, 2012

Do the Will of the Father

7/9/12

Halo Familia!

Another Fourth of July outside the US definitely not as cool as inside. Nobody here knew. Actually I was the only gringo I saw all day, but I did speak an unusual amount of English to my companion.

I'm still here and Bastidas. No change at all. We found out that Elder Dino of the 70 and Elder Holland are coming tomorrow and in September respectively. It made me all nervous for some reason.

I realize more and more here how important the family is and just spending time with the family. People here don't get it. Well a lot of investigators, work and work and work and then drink and that is it. We always tell them there are two parts. They barely fulfill the temporal, got to make a better effort espiritualmente. Mosiah 4:15-16, 16:16-17. Then we shared with one 2 Nephi 9:46-47 or around there about waking up to a terrible reality. I loved it. Think we are going to do it again with an investigator we found totally boracho. Gosh, it is horrible to break the commandments. They are totally slaves! And only fulfill the part less awesome of being a dad because the spiritual is the challenging and gratifying part-I would presume.

I'm still a totally impatient person. Lately what bothers me most is when people say "Si dios quiere", like 'if God wants or God willing." Hey you're going to go to church right? "Si dios quiere". Oh I unleashed on an investigator-we have to do there will of the Father. We have to look for it. If we wait for it and throw all the responsibility to God we will end up in hell, saying Lord Lord, but still not doing the will of the Father. til we are judged and end up in a lesser kingdom. "Will you do the will of the Father and come with us to church this next Sunday?"

Well, we'll see if they come. Everything is normal. Feeling good.

Love you all tons!
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment