Friday, September 14, 2012

Keep the Commandments and Smile!

7/2/12

Halo Familia!

Me siento bien aca en bastidas. Though this week included a lot of learning and cambios are this week. It was a super fast transfer. We studied at ton and I took out a lot of a apostosia from my little friend Elder Ramirez. He's super. We'll see a family sometimes and I'll walk by and he'll be like "Elder una familia." "Well talk to them dang it. Don't let me slow you down." It is usually how I respond to him and we have found some good investigators like that. Almost all our families. Though only a few came to church, like two. So we got potential. We tried tracting in the richer part of our area and it was Duro! They all say "no, I know the word. I'm clear in my doctrine." You know what buddy. That's exactly what the Pharisees all said to Jesus when he showed them something new and miraculous and you know where they are now?

I haven't said that yet but I definitely will. I like my poor friends more. Though they don't come to church.

They live super humbly, the majority of the people here. Lots in just a one room house of bricks, one light bulb, no running water-a few buy it and carry it up to their house for the week. It's a service we've helped with several times. And some of the hills are super steep! Where I live there's running water. This is more on the hilly hillside. But they seem content and grateful for what they have. Still definitely know how to make noise.

My comp is understanding more of the importance of the Book of Mormon and also the atonement in his life. It has been cool to share thoughts together on it. 2 Nephi 9:39 is a favorite scripture. It is just horrible in every sense to break the commandments in any manner. Don't do it and smile!

Love you all tons!
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment