Saturday, September 15, 2012

Every Week Build a Little More Faith

7/23/12

Halo Familia!

We as humans look at problems and conflicts and trials wrong. They are not meant to destroy us. Satan wants to use them that way, but that is not their purpose. They are so that we have a chance to show faith. Especially here, I think of the Sabbath day. Everyone here works on Sunday and that is their excuse every Sunday. This is an excuse! They'll believe God parts the Red Seas, but don't understand that that is a minor miracle for him than themselves and us individually choosing to show faith and look for the way to keep His commandments. It doesn't even have to be all at once. Every week you build a little more faith til you can actually do it and do it consistently. But they just trap themselves, sometimes not even searching for how to do it, saying "If God wants" thinking that if it was His will He'd come and give them a piggyback to church Sunday morning.

Then, as I walked under a blazing sun another thought hit me. Am I enjoying this? Is this just a chore? Where is my attitude at right now? And upon completing 18 meses I promised to myself that I will enjoy thoroughly these last six months. This determination was immediately tried because that Thursday we walked all day long and every single appointment fell through, every last one, but I enjoyed it. Not really, but it didn't get me down.

Our investigators are awesome. The majority are reading a ton, like 50 pages in a couple days. Most of the costenos don't have a huge habit of reading. One Mr. Regalado totally understood Moroni's promise, " it's a test!" Moroni is saying "don't believe me, ask God." And he got pretty excited and I've been enjoying the lessons more because I decided to do it. Be more joyful.

We went to visit a reference of a member whose daughter's kidneys do not work. (I think that's what rinones as means.) Even to the point where she's on dialysis. Only 17 years old. Gave her a blessing. It was super cool. Then we went back on Sunday and sang "I Stand All Amazed" to her and we stood all amazed at the spirit and her mom offered a prayer. We left and return to a house nearby where I'd seen a family that we hadn't contacted. It turns out it was a less active member or less than active who had recently moved to the house and wants to come back to the church! Coincidence? I think not!

I finally finished El Lia De Mormon. Read it super slowly. My goal is to finish it again by the end. Also finished Jesus El Christo, but in English. I liked it bunches and understood about how poderoso the life of Jesus is. I read it mostly in my spare time. Also in waiting for my entry visa I was able to gain a little crush on the Bible.

Played soccer today for the fourth time in the mission and I kicked butt. Not really but I surprised some people.

I'm still with Elder Ramirez finishing up training with him, he's doing super well. He is a lot pacienter with me then he should be. I've been struggling in comp studies, but we made plans to make it better. Think I'm going to study with him standing up, because it is just too much sitting! In fact I made a pledge to myself that I will never just stay in the house sitting. I will get out and do something. But for now I will make good use of the sitting.

Love you all tons!
Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment