
4/16/12
Hola Familia!
Well its been about a week since we last wrote… and everything went totally swell! They were baptized according to plan. Though not with Cregor- not according to plan. But… Elder Arnett is my new comp! How cool! From AZ and just completed a year on the mission. Youngest of 11 kids! Woohoo – the cambios were heck – cuz live at the base of the mission so all the greenies had to sleep in our house and stuff like that and we basically focused on getting Brigitte and Alvaro baptized and they were pumped. They wanted Elder Stephen Chase Cregor and I to baptize them but he left so I got to bautizar a los 2! Alvaro went first and waited for his sister outside the font. I baptized Brigitte Eugena Better Farjardo and when she left he said to her- “Bienvenioa a la iglesia” –totally funny the 2 dripping wet. Their uncle the patriarch came. I called them the next morning and Alvaro answers, “I am a member of…Jesus Christ” – so funny and said when he met another member – Hi, I’m member. So great and Obispo confirmed Brigitte Eugena Better Fajardo and Arnett a Alvaro Fernando Better Fajardo – Awesome.
And then today – the 4 of us – and Nicolas went to price smart! I have Coco Roos! 2 big bags! And snack pack pudding breezes! And orange juice! WooHoo! New powerful converts who also bought us pizza! (WE bought the sodas) – Great P-day. And the member from Germany with drug problems came to church with his dad! It’s cool to see his desires to repent. God is so merciful but also allows us to learn – and sometimes it’s rough! (Almost always) but then you just keep swimming. And another new guy came but I think he got kind of scared cuz he came in normal clothes and everyone fancied up. Well see left after just sacrament.
And we found a tall guy bor on an island – sweet. Just let us right in. I knew his kids from before and that was part of the reason – cool and we started working through members more - Totally effective - They gave me real popcorn! Delicious! Flia carrillo – totally awesome.
Happy B-day Ez! I’ll have you know I have remembered all of your B-days and I mention them in my agenda or journal or something – if not in internett –(I know there’s one T) and this week Obama was here. A new investigator was like “do you like Obama? How? How did the US elect a black man? You guys are like – the whites-“ Pretty funny. But racism is bad, 2 Nephi 26:33. O, also my studies were sweet this week. Felt like I focused more on my investigators and my purpose and I feel that E. Arnett and I teach pretty well- He’s super good at maintaining momentum and excitement in the lessons. And E. Cregor changed missions. He’ll be in the first set of zone leaders in the mission Colombia Medellin - Pres. gave him a hug and said “sorry” – hilarious.
Love you all tons!
Elder Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment