
Hola Familia!
A new family came to church! They are totally beautiful, and came! Woohoo! Some old investigators showed up and want us to teach and baptize the nine-year-old son, and help him to be humbled so he'll get baptized too!
All this came in spite of a super ineficacia– God is merciful – because on top of an hour long transport both ways, an extra hour of study every day, lack of personal space and fan and searching for a house desperately. Elder Webb, well- they ripped the toenail of his big toe completely off! Incapacitated! Dang it! He had an ingrown toenail, for like a month but didn't want to go to the doctor so he kept quiet about it and just agaunted the pain till it got so bad and now he's out till Thursday and I am looking for mini missionaries. (Hard work is easy work done at the wrong time.) So I missed my first full day of work last Friday in a year and a half, for sickness-I wasn't sick-but for the toe of Elder Webb. We sat in the house all day and literally studied Spanish, so much. But I did get a chance to listen to Opa's funeral that Opa sent me. That was touching. My comp was looking at me like " What's wrong with you?" Don't worry about it! Good stuff.
We did find 2 good houses. I ask for that in every prayer. But they got rented out the day before both times. It is difficult. I seem to be the only Elder in my district who gets it. We need a house to work effectively! My zone leaders and the office got it, but the other companerismo don't. It's just frustrating – like sacrificing a few lessons now to find a house will give us more and more spiritual lessons in the future! Anyway I'm learning patience.
We did and Inter Cambio this week before the entire separation of the nail from the toe. I went with Elder Neff from Willard and he was cool. Like super cool. Only has like a week and half left in the field so I tried to talk the least possible in the lessons and let him teach and guided him in what to say and we had a dang good day! I believed I helped him a lot!
Saturday we had a couple of important appointments. Elder Webb was missing his toenail and we only had one mini missionary to babysit him. I had to find another one to follow me to these appointments. (Of our deported drug dealer friend and this great young family.) The youth would not do it! Totally unhelpful, so I start calling the older men and Jhon Jairo accompanied all day and was a power. I ended up almost scolding him about home teaching. I said, "Well it's the way God wants us to take care of his kids and we can't deny it." Cuz they are not good at doing it at all! Drives me nuts–
Just found out they approved the house! Ya! I should move by the 22 of October. That is good news. Heaveny Father is merciful – because I was going nuts. We are going to get some work done! I'm totally stoked about the house. And about the sweet early hat b – day present I bought, and about the family that came, and about the lots of references we got yesterday, at the steak activity, and the New Testament I started to study, the Bible is great, and about the challenges of the mission. This could be a time of a lot of growth.
Love you all tons,
Elder Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment