Thursday, November 1, 2012

The progress of a real conversion is not easy.

9/10/12

Hola Familia!

Jess, I know how you feel. I'm sorry. I now find myself with someone who is exactly like I was when I had 12–14 years. I was not easy to love! And a little bit full of blasphemy. But that's why I am here, too quitar the apostasy from myself and all those who surround me. But he's good, always wants to improve and stuff. Humble and that's important. So this week was super normal which is great. Some major difficulties in getting people to church and after four months here still no one is close to be hitting the water. I haven't been finding as much lately and I feel just kind of like stuck. Like "Alright how are we going to get things rolling?" I want to do activities and such, but the church is far away – like a 25 minute walk. Part of why there are lots of less actives – or at least some of them use it as an excuse. But I feel like we are lacking a base, because a select few are diligent or effective home teachers and our leaders of the Rama aren't super effective either. For example, they put a goal of 10 baptisms for this month when two people are prepared and willing. I think critically, "Why on earth would you baptize ten if you're not even willing to home teach them after?" I've been praying to find real converts: that will pay their tithing, attend church, and do their home teaching. I'm still looking.

The progress of a real conversion is not easy – it was never meant to be – it requires time in most cases! It requires that you give your whole heart! It requires that you never give up! I am in that! Feel like I should be right there with the Lords investigators, sword in hand, so hopefully that'l come.

Yet, I'm still a Nino'. Last week I ate so much and drank so much that I totally barfed after lunch and was in maze at a burned bloated dog I found in the street – strange –

Love you all tons!

Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment