9/24/12
Hola Familia!
So close! We got so close!
So, Friday night we are walking in the street and my Comp says "I got to
go to the bathroom." I asked surprisingly – you can speak English and
you
didn't tell me?! No that didn't happen, but we went to Luz Terreo's
house
to ask her the favor. My comp enters and I sit where I can see the door
and she asks me – "You have to listen to his gases?" You speak English
too? What? I thought that was a funny comment coming from 56 your old
lady. Anyway she sits opposite me and says – "You're leaving next week?"
–
"Well most likely." I respond . "Well, now that we are alone" she says,
and
my missionary senses start tingling – "I'm going to tell you something."
Oh no, I think, oh no. The last thing you ever want to hear as a
missionary. "Me Bautizo Manana." What? We can do that, so we try to
get it all planned and we did her an interview and – drum roll please –
she drinks coffee! Dang it! So close – she never told me that.
She said she didn't think they'd stop her. Got some pride to tear down
still, but her and her Nieto will be ready soon.
And so we go. Leaving this area with having gotten wet by rain, nothing
else. No baptisms. But hopefully leaving some good stuff. Still feel
like I am trying to figure out all this stuff. Like how to make things
happen.
But the people, even if they don't progress, are cool. I have a
friend
named Jorge, but we call him Fred and he knows a lot about English so
I gave him an English Book of Mormon and he liked it. Also Juan Ochoa
got a job so we haven't found him again, but dropped off a book of
Mormon.
Jesus and Elisette are struggling going to church, but she's got a ton
of
faith. Been trying to get references and stuff and excited to see how
the Combio goes. Thanks for writing.
Love you all tons!
Elder Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment