
Hola Familia!
Totally aware and alert for three of the five sessions! Wahoo! Struggled yesterday cuz between Saturday and Sunday there was loud horrible bulla outside till like 3-ish, But can you believe that? Karlie and Shalie will be able to turn in their papers the month following my return! Not that you're obligated to go or anything. :-) But now look, as we analyze, a bunch of 19-year-old girls will be gone and all those who are 20 to 21 that were already planning on going will be gone and who will I date? Presidente Monson! You've jeopardized my exaltation! No, I'm just kidding.
So we fought to find a house this week with little luck. We got so close and it was snatched from us. It was a dang good house too. Well apartment. So we are still living in tight conditions and due to the transport, the house searching, and Gen. conference I had literally the lowest numbers I've ever had in my mission. Made me laugh.
Everything had fallen through one day and we wondered what to do. Like hasta plan fell through and we prayed and I felt we should head towards the Relief Society Presidents house. So we start heading that way and on the way during normal missionary tasks. I say to my comp "Touch that door." We go and miraculously found where 2 active members of a part member family live. And planned a family night with them. My height made their seemingly uninterested brother laugh. Really hoping we can help him.
Don't know if I told you that my areas called Acto Bosque– which means high or Tall Forest. Perfect for me right? Found out yesterday I hate big crowds of little Colombians. Or just crowds, unless I'm with dad or some other tall person. Here I just felt like– uh huh and Tu' Que'? Which being interpreted is "uh huh and you what?" But individually I love the majority of the Colombians!
Also found another deported drug dealer who's really repentant and from New York. Speaks perfect English and my comp taught in a really majestic voice in English to him. It was interesting – repentant people mecaen bien. I saw Richard from a year ago! He invited me to lunch and is just a nice guy, in between sessions on Saturday. Yeah, my comp is super unique. We get along well, though our living situation is not ideal. His problem is just that when he doesn't understand me he doesn't say anything, so I'm like, Uh Elder I told you to do that. And he's like- Oh, you did? All surprised! Like, come on man! He was also trying to do surgery to himself on his feet – bad idea. I had to scold him, but with a pinch of love. Don't worry.
Love you all tons!
Elder Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment