Monday, November 5, 2012

Totally Firm! Yes!

10/1/12

Hola Familia!

Don't know what to tell you first. So many things happen! That's slightly sarcastic. I'll tell you in no particular order! I filled up the notebook where I wrote all my letters! This is a new book! Wahoo! Luz Torres was leaving cafe' to be baptized. Wah hoo! They sent me to Cartagena again! Got here Wednesday night, but on Tuesday had a sweet experience…

For some reason beyond my comprehension they sent me at 9 AM Tuesday morning to Barranquilla. Didn't need to be there till Wednesday morning, but being obedient I complied.

Worked in Hipodromo Todo El DTal. Saw a Hermana who for three weeks I was there help us a ton! Shared a little message. Then to Loreana who is still sick and paralyzed in her little room, but we sang her some good hymns. I was really impressed with Elder Linder who accompanied me that day. Real sincere guy. That night, of Tuesday I was staying in that same house where I was robbed so long ago. I decided to go see the man Moses who lives literally two minute away. I went and I saw the new Lider Missional Del Barrio! He's totally firm after 14 months! Yes, he's the one who got baptized this Saturday after I left my first area. The only person that we found him baptized. He's telling me they just called him a week ago and he'll always be in contact with the missionaries. He's all worried because a bunch of people got baptized, but stopped coming. But not him! He's totally firm! Said "You angels who arrived at my door." Yes! He's so awesome!

So that was cool to reminisce a little bit in my old areas. On Miercoles we had a trainer's capacitation. Basically told us not to break the law of chastity and to not come back here to get a wife with someone with we flirted with in the mission. Check, message received. Is this tape recorder broken? It keeps repeating itself. We traveled the scenic 3 hour way to Cartagena instead of the scenic one hour scenic way. I met Elder Webb! My new comp. A blondie from Arizona. Lots of language stuff going on and they dropped me right into a baptism. Which he performed flawlessly. But now we are back to square one. The Arizonian just completed his first six weeks in the field. I found some great Lideres here. Hoping to get some work done. We got a lot of studying and we live super far from our area, like a 10 to 15 minute walk and 30 to 40 minute bus ride. Desperately looking for house and investigators. Been getting real wet – the streets are like rivers! Full of trash and nastiness. Still cool to watch.

Elder Webb is great – pray for him because he's got some real challenges. Not so much in the mission, but just things that are hard. He's not crying every day so he's doing better than I was! (That's mostly joking.)

Love you all tons,

Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment