
Hola Familia!
Sin makes you stupid – so stupid. We are entering into the most vile week of the year in Cartagena. And I'm here for it – who's up for round too? (I mean tuu, I know it's Spelled with two u's.) but seriously I feel they just put themselves in, what for me would be my own personal hell, if I were sent there. Sitting – in a bad smell – alcohol – trapped with horribly loud repetitive music more often then not inappropriate. They live in my own spiritual prison.
At least some of them want to be saved from it! Like Luz! I have no idea how she has so much faith. She's a girl that has 24 years and hasn't been taught any life principles till now. (ei. She had an 8 year old son-do the math. Another one of like five years. Lives with an aunt or something.) Anyway she's totally striving to live the gospel and came to church even though she was in a lot of pain! She asked, "If I quit living with my boyfriend, can I be baptized?" Yes – we might allow that. And yesterday Elder Webb said to me "We should go visit Luz." So we went and gave her a blessing for the pain and after she said "I knew that you guys were going to come. After church I was crying because I hurt so bad and I fell asleep and dreamed you guys came and put your hands on my head and woke up thinking it was real. Even almost asked Breiner(the boyfriend) if you guys had come." She's had other crazy dreams that have come true. Even came to our English class – making the assistance two instead of one!
We also found Jorge again, my deported ex-drug dealer friend. Totally borracho and lieno de profanidades, but he speaks English perfectly and we told him "Jorge- you said you wanted to change! Go home!" But his mind was already gone. I was tempted to punch him in the head and knock him out and carry him home, but I didn't. Next time.
I ate six fish eyes.
I'm still being shown my weaknesses a lot. With these festivals I feel just hopeless. Like how am I going to have an effective anything with this cursed noise! I can't even sleep! -Only one night, but then you just keep on keeping on. I don't feel trunky or anything, but my mind has been weak!
I've also learned from my comp that I'm still not like Christ- real Christ like attributes, if you really have them-w/stand the test. Like Christ says – it's easy to love those who love you. It's maintaining that love in all circumstances that counts. Sometimes my love just flees, for little things, but I usually try to repent.
Anyway I'm anxious to know the transfers tomorrow and who wins between Obama and Mitt!
Realizing that all this is a lifetime process – and that the mission is just like a boost. Big one.
Love you all tons!
Elder Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment